When I lived in Germany, I had a friend named Saji who wanted to find a travel partner for a $30k trip around the world. He’d been planning it for years, and was itching to pack his bags and GO!
Like Saji, Kiana was:
- Financially able to commit $30,000 to a year of travel
- Willing to leave her job (she applied for a 1-year sabbatical)
- Willing to abandon her friends, family, and familiarity for a year on the road
- No kids, no mortgage, no debt, no dependents
- Able to deal with unpredictable circumstances
- Had a valid passport
- Healthy and fit
Here are 5 metrics to find Travel Partner and a Perfect Match to your travel dreams:
Your Itinerary – where and when?
Do you know where you want to go? Saji did! Long before he met Kiana, he told us about the specific countries he planned to visit on his trip (including Guatemala, Australia, and Fiji).
2. Frequency: How often will you travel?
Saji’s big trip was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. He and Kiana left Germany, spent a year travelling, then returned to their previous apartment and previous jobs, picking up right where they left off.
3. Budget: How much will you spend on travelling?
Saji had $30k saved up for his big trip – for his own expenses. He wanted a partner who could also spend $30k – and enjoy it. This is the principle of shared expectations. You have to get clear on your budget for travel – and what you expect a partner to contribute to each and every trip.
4. Duration: For how long will you travel?
Saji wanted to visit 15 countries during his round-the-world trip. And he only gave himself a year to do it! Too hectic for me, but it worked for Saji – and for Kiana.
5. Meaning: What is the purpose of your travel?
Let’s get philosophical for a second. WHY do you want to travel? For Saji, it was a bucket list thing. He wanted to visit 15 countries on his trip, and check the major tourist sites in each country off his list.
Of these 5 metrics to find a travel partner, Saji’s top metric was budget. Both he and Kiana spent over $30k each. They were in complete agreement about their budget, which made easy for them to align eveything else (duration, itinerary, frequency, and meaning) around their shared values, mindset, and lifestyle.
Let me help you find a Perfect Match to your travel dreams. Join the waitlist HERE.